preloader

How to save money on electricity in 2023?

When thinking about on how to save money on electricity in 2023 in Europe and especially in Spain and Portugal, there are 2 main factors we would like to look at.

  1. Source of electricity 
  2. Source and electricity consumption of heating 

Which sources of electricity are available?

Among sources of energy that are available in Spain and Portugal you can find wind energy, hydropower, solar, and other renewable sources.

In other simple words in faction 2023 you have 2 options.

Standard electricity

On the one hand you can contract electricity company/supplier like the well-know organisation Iberdrola. And most of the apartments and houses have such contracts and supply as it is the easiest and basic way to get electricity for your property in Spain and Portugal. However, sometimes it involves expenses and can be expensive. Especially nowadays when electricity costs and fees in Spain and Portugal became very hight and increased by 20-30% within the last 3-5 years.

Solar energy

On the other hand you can use solar energy. Again, by contracting a company or by installing solar panels and follow special government requirements. To go off-grid is getting more and more popular every year in Spain and Portugal. However, the time needed to get the return on investment in this case can go up from 5-7 to 10-15 years. Of course, it depends on many conditions. For instance, place in Spain or Portugal you live in, square are of your property and number of solar panels/accumulators you use. It is always very personal. Thus we advice to contact such companies directly for more details. 

Which heating system to use to save money on electricity?

In reality there are two heating options you have to use in Spain and Portugal. On the one hand - traditional indirect heating systems (Air Conditioning, gas, oil heating etc.). And on the other hand - modern direct heating system - Far Infrared Heating. Especially with the Far Infrared Heaters by Royal Infrared Heating you can have efficient heating solution with low electricity consumption.

Haven't heard about Far infrared Heaters? We strongly recommend to read the article "Why Far Infrared Heating is better?".

1. Traditional indirect heating system

Why do we call them traditional? Because they are commonly used when building properties in Spain and Portugal. Such heaters are easily purchasable and have relatively low cost, however, the traditional (indirect) heaters have a high electricity consumption. And eventually it will be much more expensive to run such heaters than when using direct heating - Far infrared Heaters in Spain and Portugal. Moreover, indirect heating can provoke health issues and it is not recommended to use for people with allergies. 

1. Far Infrared Heating

Far Infrared Heating, as mentioned, is direct type of heating. Which simply means that it heats surfaces, objects and people instead of heating the air directly. To be more specific 80% of the heat goes to walls, ceiling, floor, furniture, all objects and even people. The rest 20% goes to the air. And still there is no air circulation at all. The perfect solution for people who are searching for comfortable and cozy heating on the one hand, and efficient with low energy consumption heating solution on the other hand. 

In other words the Far infrared Heaters feel like the Sun. In fact you will have the same feeling as while being on a beach. Warm and nice solar waves will reach each part of a heated area (depends on a heater characteristics). The Far infrared Heaters by Royal Infrared Heating can heat both bathrooms, bedrooms and lounge areas of any size. Moreover, we have heaters that can heat all covered outdoor areas such as patios and conservatory rooms. To choose the correct Far we strongly recommend to read the article "Which Far Infrared Heater to choose in Spain and Portugal?".

Do you still have doubts about Far Infrared Heating? Not sure if it is efficient enough? We strongly recommend to read the article "Why Far Infrared Heating is better?".

Domus 580W

Original price was: €349.00.Current price is: €269.00. (VAT not included)

Domus 900W

Original price was: €429.00.Current price is: €329.00. (VAT not included)

Repulsus 500W LED

Original price was: €549.00.Current price is: €399.00. (VAT not included)

GO INFRARED

Feel the Sunshine at home - pleasant and very efficient innovative heating solution

STAY HEALTHY

Far Infrared Heating is organic, safe and used a lot in the sports and health facilities

SAVE MONEY

Far Infrared Heaters consume less energy and help saving money long-term

BE SMART

Smart WiFi controls with app and voice to control our IR heaters remotely

error: The content is protected.
Message to WhatsApp
💬 Expert Advice in WhatsApp
Get Expert Advice on Infrared Heaters in Spain and Portugal! Tap here to chat with us for details, recommendations and special offers.